CHN Student Services: Our Warm Welcome
The CHN Warm Welcome is our promise:
• to provide you with appealing accommodation in Canada;
• to make a terrific match with a caring host family, and
• to stay in close contact for the duration of your visit in Canada.
Our promise is good for everyone in the CHN Homestay Program. It means our clients arrive in Canada to a supportive home environment, and are offered assistance at every stage of your visit in Canada. After their visit, many of our hosts and their students remain friends for life.
Before departure, CHN will:
• Help you apply for homestay;
• Send you a host profile with information on the host family selected for you;
• Send you documents about Canadian culture and the keys to successful experience in homestay.
On arrival and during the period of the homestay, CHN will:
• Provide a formal orientation to prepare you for homestay;
• Ensure that you are supported as you learn to take public transit, access a health clinic, open a bank account, and so on;
• Talk to you during first month to see how you are adjusting to school and homestay;
• Help you communicate effectively with your homestay host and resolve difficulties, as required;
• Meet with you whenever you need to talk;
• Provide 24-hour support to you, in the event of an emergency.
Fees for the current calendar year are as follows:
Please note: all rates are quoted for each 28-day period are are subject to change without notice. Rates vary by program and community, please
|Services||College/University||Independent Language Schools||High School|
|Registration, Placement & Orientation Fee - non refundable||$550||$350||$550|
* Subject to availability
CHN Custodianship Services
CHN will provide custodianship services as required by Citizen and Immigration Canada for study permits. Please contact us for more information and rates.
Student Participation Agreement
All students enrolled with Canada Homestay Network must agree to the Student Participation Agreement (SPA). The SPA forms part of our online homestay application. To view the SPA separate from the homestay application, please click here.